Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Where is the Loyalty?



To some this might be funny, and I'd totally understand that. But while growing up in San Antonio, Chuck E. Cheese was often the highlight of my weekends. After I got over the big rat scaring the heck out of me, I learned to love him. I even danced with him once. But now, they done gave him the boot.

According to recent news coverage, CEC Entertainment was been struggling in sales and they thought the best way to revive themselves would be through the makeover of their mascot. The revamped version is a "hip, electric guitar playing rockstar." Now maybe, I'm over exaggerating but I'm not understanding the connection between a new mouse and the revival of sales. I'm no salesperson, but I am majoring in Public Relations. Wouldn't new interactive games, electronics, and better prizes make more sense? There were plenty of other options.

*sigh* Bye, Old Chuck E.

No comments:

Post a Comment