Sunday, May 6, 2012

Love Lost

So did you think twice before you did that?
Are you positive that you wanted to end that?
I know that in order to learn we must make our mistakes.
We have all been hurt and have experienced heartbreak.
I've told someone one thing, while you may have said another.
Everyone has lied, where it be to themselves or each other.
The basic point of this is to express that I know you nor me is perfect.
But aside from the obvious, I thought that we as one, were worth it.
When I put my trust into someone, I give them a very fragile part of me.
A part that which can really be harmed if not treated delicately.
It's like... you never know how much you cared until you don't care anymore.
But at the same time you will never know how hard it is once they're out that door.
You give everything in your power not to pull them back in.
But then there's a sudden realization that seems to set in.
I've ignored the signs repetitively.
Because I thought it was you who brought out the better in me.
To go so far as to cross me behind my back,
To "care so much" and never mean that.
From you, that, I would have never expected.
Because whenever shit was rough, you were there, no matter how hectic.
I gave you love & happiness, even though you took it from me.
I cherished our friendship while you blatantly went and deceived me.
When they broke you, I basically wiped your tears.
I was too afraid to one you and you made me face my fears.
When I was broke down, you had me and vice versa.
So how do you say "Oh, don't take it personal?"
I don't resent... regret... or hate you, but yeah I am hurt.
We been through hell and back just for it not to work.
It may be overreacting, call it what you may.
But I'm on my way up, not even with the games you chose to play.
I'll never understand why you had to stoop so low.
And I'll never understand why you couldn't just let me know.
It such... But I look at it as me now being free.
I don't have to put up with you, you don't have to put up with me.
In a sense, I appreciate that IT happened so that I could realize...
Never ask questions or make suggestions, because when answered, even the truth is a lie.
It took me some time to open up but now I see
The trials and tribulations that come with love.... just aren't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment